Shop by Manufacturer
- Mule Lighting MF40-LP800 Low Profile Emergency Ballast for T5/T8 Lamps
- Mule Lighting MAKO-LED LED Wet Location Emergency Light
- Howard Lighting BALT5-500-TD 1 LAMP Emergency Ballast 500 Lumens
- Howard Lighting PAC0014 1-2 Lamp Fluorescent Emergency Ballast 1400 Lumens
- Howard Lighting BAL700TD 2 Lamp Emergency Ballast 600-700 Lumen
- Howard Lighting HL-PAC0006 2 Lamp Emergency Ballast 300-750 Lumen
- Howard Lighting BAL500 1 Lamp Emergency Ballast 350-500 Lumen
- Howard Lighting BALT5-1300 2 LAMP Emergency Ballast 1300 Lumen
- Howard Lighting BAL3000 2 LAMP Emergency Ballast 1450-3000 Lumen
- Mule Lighting MF40-30 Emergency Ballast for Fluorescent Lamps
- Howard Lighting BALT5-800 1 LAMP Emergency Ballast 800 Lumen
- Mule Lighting MF40-LP1300 Low Profile Emergency Ballast for T5/T8 Lamps
- Mule Lighting MF40-50 Emergency Ballast for Fluorescent Lamps
- Mule Lighting MF40-LP500 Low Profile Emergency Ballast for T5/T8 Lamps
- Mule Lighting MF40-PLQ Emergency Ballast for Fluorescent Lamps
- Mule Lighting MF40-PL Emergency Ballast for 2-Pin Fluorescent Lamps
- Mule Lighting MF40-70 Emergency Ballast for Fluorescent Lamps
- Mule Lighting MF40-100 Emergency Ballast for Fluorescent Lamps
Emergency ballasts for T12, T8 and T5 linear fluorescent fixtures continue supplying power to the fluorescent lamps when there is a loss of power to the circuit. Like any linear fluorescent electronic lighting ballast, during normal operation, emergency ballasts limit the voltage or current across the lamps, preventing the lamps or circuits from failing.
Throughout regular operation, a battery built into the ballast maintains a charge. During an outage, the battery in the emergency ballast keeps the fluorescent tubes illuminated for 90 minutes or more. Emergency ballasts are rated to supply a consistent lumen output off the battery power, ranging from 300-500 lumens on the low end all the way up to 3000 lumens on the high end.
Linear fluorescent emergency ballasts are essential for security and life safety in a commercial lighting application. You can select standalone emergency ballasts from our inventory, or choose a complete linear fluorescent emergency ballast retrofit kit for your installation.