Inside Sales Account Manager for eCommerce Lighting Distribution Company
ShineRetrofits.com is an eCommerce-based energy efficient lighting distributor located in Denver, CO, specializing in commercial lighting projects nationally and internationally. The company focuses on a total win-win by saving customers money by reducing energy usage while also helping the environment. The company has ranked Inc. 5000 list for America's fastest growing private companies for the last two years and this position is critical to continuing the growth.
We are looking for a high energy, motivated sales professional with experience and knowledge in commercial and industrial lighting projects, along with a desire to help customers with a technical & consultative sale.
This position is full time and includes:
Base salary plus uncapped commission
Ability to work from home
Flexible and unrestricted vacation
Paid health stipend after probationary period met
Matching IRA after probationary period met
You will be given a monthly sales goal and tasked with servicing and closing incoming leads and customers. Customers range from electrical contractors and business owners with smaller projects to very large corporate projects with Fortune 500 or government entities.
The position includes consulting, quoting, selling, taking orders, and following up on lighting product orders and leads while building relationships with your customers. You will be expected to be an expert in inside sales, B2B sales, and also energy efficient lighting products. There is a formal training process for our company as well as lighting technology.
This position allows working from home/remotely and you must be located in or be willing to relocate to Colorado and available for work during normal business hours. Most of the calls and contacts are inbound and you are expected to reach out to customers as well. We have a steady stream of leads from online marketing and you will service those income contacts and customers.
Task responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Actively answer phone calls, emails, contact forms, live chats, and other forms of communication from customers.
- Reach out to new customer prospects in order to increase sales
- Build relationships with your clients
- Direct customers to the right solution or products using your expert lighting experience.
- Maintain a focus on the sales goal and meet it continually.
- Build, send, and follow up on large lighting project quotations to customers.
- Submit purchase orders for your own orders as well as online orders on a daily basis.
- Continual learning of the latest in lighting technology and offerings.
- Help with customer service items as needed.
- Additional tasks as required.
Critical Criteria -- all team members must meet these requirements:
- 2+ years experience in a commercial and/or industrial lighting related field.
- Be able to work remotely or from home effectively in a distraction-free environment.
- Have the ability and desire to learn technical products, such as lighting and related technologies
- Must be located or you are willing to relocate to Colorado
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, and simple graphics programs.
- Be very tech savvy, comfortable with, and fast with computers and web based software and websites.
- Staying extremely organized, meticulous, and detailed.
- Highly motivated with the ability and discipline to work independently once given directive, with the ability to self-teach in new systems, software, and processes.
- Jack-of-all-trades mentality with a desire to continually learn and participate in a variety of activities and tasks.
- Desire to work with and maintain flexibility with a fast moving and growing small company
- Have a strong work ethic and great attitude with a desire to help with whatever is needed.
- Hold an undergraduate and/or graduate degree.
- At least two years in inside or outside sales with a proven selling success track record involving large B2B projects.
- Have knowledge about energy efficient lighting rebates and be able to apply this to the customer's individual project needs for maximizing their rebates and providing the lowest project ROI.
- Passion for helping businesses lower energy costs and helping the environment through cost-effective energy efficiency or renewable energy measures
You will report directly to the CEO. This position is critical to growing our company and managing the increasing leads and business coming in. Tentative hiring date is in mid to late September.
If you would like to be part of a great team and lay the foundation for a successful career in the lighting industry, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to [email protected]. Applicants without cover letters will not be considered for the position.